Friday, August 26, 2005

Albany New York

CCF LRI was going for a retreat at albany new york, I sort of "invited" myself to that. This was because when i arrived on LRI, the participants had been finalized. I asked Andrei if the retreat was only for staff of LRI or I could Tag along and thus I went along with them.
The retreat was at Albany New York, 7 hours drive from Cleveland.
This was the first stop for lunch after 3 hours of driving. Cally was kind enough to drive me and Shu (a post doc fellow) there.

When we arrived, I found out that the retreat was at some nature park, so isolated and no mobile phone signal as well. :( maybe that is why it is call a RETREAT!!!!!

The places where we stay were very nice and beautiful. Shu, Tammy, Andrei, Kayta and Anatony (not sure if i spell it correctly) stay at Huyck building, and this is the common area of the building

Another shot of the common area
The Huyck Building
The retreat start on Saturday 930am with 45 min lunch break and 2 hours tea break and resume at 7 till 11pm!!!!!! It was like in a lecuture, see everyone paying attention
Outside the cook house, YES they call it cook house, like in the army!
On the left is Cally, followed by Shu and Tammy (a second year PhD student)
On our way back, we stop at a nature park at New York for lunch

Followed by shopping at one of the factory outlet, got myself a boots for the winter at US$90. So expensive, thought it is factory outlet :(


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home